Adelphi Real World – Statistical Programmer
Who We Are
Adelphi Real World is a global consultancy in healthcare. We collect and interrogate real world data to aid the pharmaceutical industry in understanding the management and treatment of specific diseases. This understanding informs the successful development of pipeline assets and the positioning of inline products. Real world data can also be used to leverage Health Outcomes / Economic argumentation through statistically validated publications
To join the S&DA team with a primary focus of coordinating and providing analytical support across all single-sponsor secondary data studies, i.e. conducting complex data manipulation and analysis of existing real-world data sources worldwide to meet clients’ real-world evidence needs. You will work collaboratively with an enthusiastic and cohesive team, supporting various study teams and research projects.
Contributing to the design of real-world studies:
- Drafting and finalisation of appropriate sections within study protocols (e.g. sample size, statistical methods, data analysis etc.) for review by clients and other review committees,
- Development of a robust, transparent and coherent Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), incorporating comprehensive operational definitions and/or code lists, statistical methods, objective-specific analyses and table shells, for implementation by yourself or others with limited scope for interpretation
Data management, manipulation and analysis of existing real-world data sources (e.g. claims, registries etc.):
- Responsible implementing data management process, i.e. secure storage, logging and data destruction, across all secondary data studies,
- Writing of programming code to address data manipulation, analysis and output requirements as detailed in the study protocol/ SAP, including quality control (QC) of all code and outputs, and post-review revisions, as per the agreed study timelines.
Co-ordination of resources:
- Responsible for ensuring all secondary data studies are sufficiently resourced from a statistical/ analytical perspective, including liaison with other senior members of S&DA team to align on team capacity/ workload.
- Substantial experience and proficient in using statistical software (e.g. Stata, SAS, SPSS etc.),
- Substantial experience of conducting data manipulation and analysis of large, complex, event-level secondary data sources (e.g. claims data, electronic medical records, administrative data, registries etc.),
- Hold a good honours degree (2:1 or 1st) in a numeric/ analytical discipline,
- Experience of contributing towards or developing study protocols and/or SAPs,
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry,
- A high level of interpersonal skills and willing to work collaboratively as part of a wider team,
- A drive to help shape the future structure and success of the S&DA team,
- Highly motivated with a proactive approach to work and strong problem-solving skills.,
- A high level of numeracy, analytical, and interpretive skills, with a close attention to detail,
- Good organisational and time management skills and a flexible way of working,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a confident communicator,
- Proficient in standard Microsoft packages, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The following attributes are not considered essential, but would be preferable in candidates:
- Substantial experience and proficient in Stata statistical software,
- Experience with, or knowledge of, real-world evidence and/or observational studies,
We encourage any current employee who is interested in this role and who would like further information to get in touch with Christi-Ann Thornton (Christi-Ann.Thornton@adelphigroup.com)